Like many of you, our team has spent the last number of days and weeks learning about the Novel Coronavirus and its impact on our world.
With stores sold out of soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies, people walking around in masks, and a great deal of media coverage being released by the hour, everyone is feeling the stress of all things unknown.
Media coverage of the Coronavirus has swept the nation over the past couple of months, with most of the information regarding the United States being published within a few days. We understand that this surge of information may seem overwhelming, to continue providing you with valuable and relevant information, we’ve put together a number of home care resources relating to COVID-19 including safety precautions, webinars, a COVID-19 preparedness checklist, and more.
Overview of COVID – 19
COVID-19 is a unique virus that has been compared to influenza (the flu), however, there are a number of differences that have led to necessary action in order to help prevent the spread.
The CDC has said that the best way to avoid contracting the virus is to avoid being exposed. This may sound overly simple, but here is a more detailed look at what avoiding the virus and preventing the spread looks like:
- Clean your hands often and use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc
- Avoid all non-essential travel
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- Monitor your symptoms
- Manage stress and coping
Additional Resources About the Coronavirus
- Hireology- COVID-19 Resources for Health Care
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Home Care and Hospice Checklist: Barbara Citarella of RBC Limited Healthcare & Management, a nationally recognized expert in emergency planning for home care, has developed a checklist with actions that agencies should be taking right now to prepare for COVID-19.
- Littler’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources for Employers
- Free Coronavirus Training for Caregivers by Home Care Pulse
- Center for Disease Control – Read Here
- World Health Organization – Read Here
- United States Department of Labor – Read Here
- On Demand: The Coronavirus:How Employers Can Manage the Outbreak
- Recording: Recruiting, Retaining, and Managing Caregivers During COVID-19
- Recording: Home Care and Covid-19: Less Policy, More Procedures (Webinar Replay)
- Recording: Infection Control: HAI, Handwashing, TB, Bloodborne, Airborne/Contact/Droplet, PPE, Infectious Waste
- Recording: How Employers Can Manage the Outbreak (Hyperlink can be found on the right side of the webpage)
- Recording: CDC Update: What Clinicians Need to Know to Prepare for COVID-19 in the U.S.